It's that time of the year again – asparagus season is here! We can't wait to dive into the culinary joy of preparing this beloved seasonal vegetable in all its delicious variations. If you've only ever boiled asparagus before, it's time to break free from the routine. Let our creative recipes inspire you to elevate your asparagus game.
Asparagus and Ham Casserole
- 1.5 kg white or green asparagus
- 1 leek
- 200 g cooked ham
- 1 bunch chives
- 200 g heavy cream
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 eggs (Size M)
- Grated nutmeg
- Sugar, salt, and pepper to taste
- Wash, peel, and trim the asparagus, cutting it in half.
- Boil the asparagus in salted water with a pinch of sugar for about 7 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 175°C (conventional).
- Wash the leek thoroughly, removing the ends and excess green parts. Slice it into thin rings. Cut the ham into small pieces.
- Sauté the leek and ham in oil, season with salt and pepper. Place the mixture in a baking dish and arrange the boiled asparagus on top.
- Wash and finely chop the chives. Mix eggs and cream with chives, seasoning with salt, pepper, and grated nutmeg. Pour the mixture into the baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-30 minutes until the casserole turns golden brown.
Spaghetti with Sautéed Asparagus
- 1 kg asparagus
- 500 g spaghetti
- 2 limes
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Olive oil
- Parmesan or Grana Padano cheese to taste
- Peel and trim the asparagus, halve the spears lengthwise.
- Cook the spaghetti in boiling salted water until al dente.
- Wash the limes thoroughly, grate the zest, and extract the juice.
- Mix lime juice with an equal amount of olive oil (1:1 ratio), add about 1 tbsp sugar and 1 tsp salt.
- Sauté the asparagus in olive oil until golden brown.
- Once cooked, mix the spaghetti with asparagus and the lime-olive oil mixture. Serve with grated cheese.
- 250 g white asparagus
- 250 g green asparagus
- 150 g Arborio rice
- 500 ml vegetable broth
- 1 onion
- 3 tbsp butter
- 4 tbsp white wine
- 4 tbsp grated Parmesan
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- 2 tbsp chopped chervil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Peel and chop the onion. Sauté it with 1 tbsp butter and Arborio rice until translucent.
- While sautéing, bring the vegetable broth to a boil.
- Deglaze the rice with white wine and gradually add hot broth until the rice is cooked and creamy (about 25 minutes).
- Meanwhile, peel the white asparagus and trim both types. Cut into bite-sized pieces and sauté in 2 tbsp butter with a pinch of sugar.
- Toast the pine nuts in a pan.
- Mix 2 tbsp Parmesan, chervil, and sautéed asparagus with the rice. Serve with toasted pine nuts and the remaining Parmesan.
Whether you're a fan of hearty casseroles, refreshing salads, or creamy risottos, these asparagus recipes are sure to delight your taste buds. Say goodbye to the mundane and embrace the culinary adventure that asparagus season brings. Try these recipes and savor the essence of spring on your plate.